Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being,
and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
World Health Organization
“How do I keep my employees from burning out?”
- According to Harvard Business Review, burnout costs between $125 billion and $190 billion every year in healthcare costs.
- According to Gallup, disengaged employees have 37% higher absenteeism, 18% lower productivity and 15% lower profitability. When that translates into dollars, you’re looking at the cost of 34% of a disengaged employee’s annual salary, or $3,400 for every $10,000 they make. Forbes, May 2, 2019
Just having a few lunch and learns or challenges can be helpful to raise awareness, but almost never leads to getting meaningful, sustainable change. Without effectively addressing burnout, costs will continue to rise and productivity will be negatively impacted.
If you are looking to address burnout, your organization should look at a better high tech, high touch approach. The right strategy can make the difference between employee burnout and a more resilient workforce. This is particularly important for smaller companies that are growing fast.
The key is a proven, high quality technology solution and the right information about how to effectively use it in your unique work culture. It needs to be connected to overall company goals. A more customized, strategic approach. Not one that sits in a silo. If only limited employees are using resources you are paying for or do not have the resources they need, you may be missing out on an opportunity to stay competitive.
Information that can help your organization thrive:
- Understanding how a wellness technology solution should fit with your culture. Wellness solutions are not all the same, so it’s important that it is a good match for your workforce.
- Knowing whether or not there are specific options in a platform your team is considering that will address key pain points for your employees.
- Being clear on the ways in which a platform, program or strategy solution can enhance awareness of other employee benefit offerings your company is already paying for.
- Having agreed on goals with KPIs that are meaningful to your company’s leadership.
The wellness platform landscape has dramatically changed over the past five years.
The wellness platform landscape has dramatically changed over the past five years. It has expanded into areas of financial wellness, mindfulness, challenges that include giving to charity, connection to purpose and options that support people at different points in their career. This is particularly important for companies with multiple generations working together. It can be overwhelming looking for the right wellness solution. But it doesn’t have to be.
What type of “wellness” are you offering your employees?
Is it wellness that works? Are you able to vet the thousands of wellness platforms, programs and offerings out there? Do you know which ones are evidence based? Knowing what is best in class and which solutions are right for your culture and workforce can mean moving towards effectively addressing burnout and building real resilience into your working environment.
WellnessIQ is here to help.
- We partner with companies that want to address burn out and be an employer of choice. Those that want to provide the right mix of technology and high touch customer service for their employees.
- Our approach is more than just answering an RFP. We work with you to help you have the solution that best works with your mission and goals.
- With more than 12 years of experience working with brokers and organizations, we act as your expert workplace wellness advisory team. We help you build a strategy and an action plan.
- Our account management team handles implementation, including best practices in launching a wellness initiative. And they are with you throughout the year, providing support so your company can have a team that is as resilient as you need them to be.
WellnessIQ can support you with an actionable workplace wellness strategy so your organization can focus on what you do best.
Let us know how we can help your company move from worksite wellness that may not be working to an integrated approach that helps your team thrive.
Wellness Program Success:
In 2014 Medina, OH city employees started to participate in a strategic wellness program. The first year, costs went up. Many employees were not scheduling needed office visits and recommended annual tests. But the program has now produced positive financial results. Medina City’s share of health care premiums fell 8%, from $2.5 million in 2016 to $2.3 million in 2018. In 2019, they received another 4% reduction.
Crain’s Cleveland Business, Oct, 21-27, 2019
What’s New with WellnessIQ Clients:
Chatsworth Products is a global manufacturer with 450 employees in multiple U.S. locations, plus 90+ remote workers. WellnessIQ worked closely with the Chatsworth team on their platform launch in July, 2019 and got an 87% engagement rate, which is 40% higher than a standard wellness platform launch. WellnessIQ sent our account managers to all three locations to provide a high touch approach, making sure the launch experience was customized to the client. The WellnessIQ team continues to work closely with the onsite HR teams who act as onsite champions and engagement remains high. We look forward to continued success through our high tech/high touch approach. We are pleased to be partnering with a company that values the health and wellbeing of their workforce.