It’s renewal time for benefits for most organizations. As a broker you are supporting your clients in helping them control costs and mitigate risk. There is usually little focus on worksite wellness. Most companies understand that benefits are a key way to attract and retain the talent they need. But do they know that a strategic worksite wellness program is a key differentiator for talent they may be looking to bring into organization? Do they know how a culturally specific wellness solution can positively impact their bottom line? Wellness isn’t just about a step program or a lunch and learn. You can help your clients have a better worksite wellness strategy for 2020.
- Wellness can help position a company as an employer of choice.
- Wellness can help support better engagement with other initiatives like diversity and inclusion and other pain points companies may be experiencing.
- A survey released in January 2019 by a national recruiting firm showed that 73% of candidates considered wellness programs and initiatives as important when deciding whether or not they wanted to work for an organization. It is a clear indicator of how they value their employees.
Wellness is often viewed as a luxury that only larger companies can afford. However, forward thinking leadership at smaller organizations recognize that a wellness program that is tied back to their bottom line, can give them a competitive edge. Smaller companies that have an integrated program have seen increases in overall employee engagement and an improvement in reducing turnover costs. Brokers have the opportunity to show value by helping their clients key small group clients address their client’s health, wellness and engagement pain points.
Some of the biggest challenges in 2020 for employers will be addressing financial stress and mental health and wellbeing in a more impactful way. But not all solutions in the marketplace have a track record or are grounded in evidence-based research to address these and other health and wellbeing challenges. WellnessIQ vets wellness solutions, to provide not just science-based solutions but culturally specific solutions to better align with their organization and goals.
What will your company and your clients do in 2020?
- What is working and what isn’t for your client’s wellness program
- Is your wellness program in a silo not getting engagement or is it connected to the company’s goals and mission?
Based on the answers, WellnessIQ can provide strategic support to brokers to successfully introduce wellness and provide back office account management. That saves your organization time and money. We can enhance the value add that you bring to your small group clients through:
- Nationally recognized wellness platforms, programs and strategic planning
- Support for a new wellness program launch in a wide variety of industries
- More than 50 years of combined experience in designing worksite wellness strategy
You don’t need to struggle with small group wellness. WellnessIQ is here to help. Call us and let us know how we can support you.